Special Day Out With Thomas
Soumise par :
St. Thomas-Elgin Memorial Arena, 80 Wilson Ave., St. Thomas, Ontario
Idée créée le:
le 5 octobre, 2011
Petit budget (Jusqu'à 50 000 $)
SPECIAL DAY OUT WITH THOMAS
For more than six decades, children have been captivated with the tales of international renowned Thomas the Tank Engine. “A Day Out With Thomas” (DOWT) is the event that families take a train ride with a 15-ton replica of everybody’s favourite #1 engine, Thomas the Tank Engine. This experience features a variety of Thomas & Friends-themed entertainment for the entire family, including:
- A 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- The opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- Get your picture taken with Thomas and Sir Tompham Hatt
- A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring stamps, temporary tattoos, hands-on arts and crafts activities and coloring sheets.
- Storytelling with video viewing
- Make giant bubbles at the bubble truck
- Live entertainment
The event provides a unique, interactive family experience offering a variety of entertaining activities. Activities include: clowns, magicians, inflatable play activities, hay bale maze, model railroad displays and more.
Idea: To get funding through sponsorship to help with the costs for the train rides for children with special needs. The groups that would be covered by this program would include autistic children, blind children, deaf children, the economically changed, groups that could not normally get to the event.
Budget: 1,000 train rides $ 22,600
Gifts and Pictures 10,000
Transportation (bus) 2,000
Total Costs $ 34,600