Family Centre - Waterloo Region
Soumise par :
Family and Children's Services
65 Hanson Ave, Kitchener Ontario
Idée créée le:
le 3 octobre, 2011
Moyen budget (50 000 $ à 100 000 $)
Working together, under one roof, at the Family Centre, Family and Children’s Services and all of our community partners will be able to pool our resources, and work together to plan and deliver programs and services to help us build on the strengths of children and families:
• Educational supports that kids need to become more successful in school, despite the significant challenges many of them are facing in their lives
• A range of sexual abuse treatment groups for children and youth
• Peer mentor training
• Peer mentoring for troubled teens
• Life skill/learning phase for teens
• Recreational activities-basketball, floor hockey for children and youth
Programs that make an impact on children and families including:
• Project Photo, a photography program for youth
• Girl Talk for adolescents
• SAVVY a group for adolescents which promotes healthy dating and positive relationships
• Partners for Healthy Relationships and Women Moving Forward. Services to adults who have experiences domestic violence.
• Make The Connection and Play and Learn provide opportunities for parents to interact with their children in positive, fun ways to strengthen their relationships and help kids grow and develop.
• Incredible Kids provides youth with the confidence and skills to grow up with hope and with resiliency, to become successful adults.
• SMILES (Simplifying Mental illness, Life Enhancing Skills) a program for children living with parents or siblings with a diagnosed mental health issues,
• Strengthening Families for the Future is co delivered through our partnership with CAMH and Cambridge helping parents prevent the future risk of substance abuse in their children
The 60,000 square feet Family Centre will provide space for volunteer and training services, a family visiting centre, classrooms, a gymnasium, life skills, and a community kitchen, as well as much-needed community space for a variety of group rooms and program space for all of our community partners in Education, Health, Recreation, Mental Health and Addiction Services